What is the process to become a Certified OBM® ?
The exam to become a Certified OBM® is a rigorous one. The first step to qualify for Certification is to complete the Certified OBM Training program with one of our Accredited Training Partners.
Upon completion of the training program, trainees are invited to join us for Certification Week.
In designing our Certification process we asked ourselves “what is most important when it comes to being certified?” We have been purposeful to consider both stakeholders:
- From the perspective of the business owner who wants to hire a Certified OBM®, what they need to know is “can this person do the job?”
- From the point of view of the OBM, what’s most important is feeling confident that “Yes, I can do the job!”
Our certification process addresses both of these perspectives.
Our five-day Certification Week requires trainees to take on, and complete, real, ‘day in the life’ online business projects and scenarios.
Successful completion of Certification Week means:
- Trainees have demonstrated their ability to do the job and serve at the level of Certified OBM
- Trainees have hands-on experience and a high level of confidence to handle this type of work
Successful completion of Certification Week is determined by:
- A select committee of Certified OBMs with extensive training & experience
- Assessment of projects based on our Certification Criteria and Certified OBM Competencies
Once a trainee has successfully completed Certification Week they officially achieve the designation of Certified Online Business Manager® (as listed here on this page.)
If you are interested in becoming a Certified OBM® check out the details here.