Our Request for Proposal process was created to match qualified business owners with Certified Online Business Managers (OBM).
Fill in the form below to share the specifics of what you need from an Online Business Manager. Once submitted, your request will be reviewed by our team within 48 hours and upon approval will be sent to our Certified OBM® community. You will then be contacted directly by any Online Business Managers who feel they are a fit for your needs, as per the application instructions you include below.
TIP: Be as specific as possible in regards to your needs. The more specific you are the more likely you will be able to find the best match for you and your business.
The process to become a Certified OBM® is a rigorous one. The Business Managers in our community are highly trained and uniquely qualified to lead all operational aspects of a thriving online business.
To confirm your business needs are a good match for our OBM community please ensure you can answer YES to the statements below before proceeding with the RFP process.
- I have an established business that consistently generates at least $10,000 per month in revenue.
- I currently have at least one other team member regularly supporting my business (I.e. Virtual Assistant) OR will be looking to add another team member shortly after hiring an OBM. In other words, I acknowledge that the OBM is being hired to manage the business, and that we will need to hire other ‘doing’ team members as needed to support the business and on the advice of the OBM.
- I understand that management level support requires a minimum time commitment of 30-40 hours per month (a couple of hours per day.)
- I understand that standard OBM compensation starts at the equivalent of $50 per hour, with experienced OBMs charging $65/hr and up. OBM retainers start in the $1500 - $2500/month range and up depending on the needs of the business.
- I understand that bringing an OBM on to my team is entering into a business relationship with a professional service provider, and is not hiring an employee. *some rare exceptions may apply
- I understand that the time and effort I take to complete the RFP form is commensurate with the quality of responses I will receive, and agree to answer all of the questions with a thoughtful, detailed response.
If you are NOT able to answer yes to these questions then an OBM may not be the best fit for your next hire. You can learn more about when to hire an OBM here or feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.