A sure sign of being a geek is when finding a new system just makes you want to sing out loud in glee! I will admit that I am a geek, and have recently ‘sung out loud’ about the (relatively) new membership management system Wishlist Member.
We’ve been using WordPress to manage our membership sites for years now – basically just piecing together some stuff in the blog to make it work. Well Wishlist Member takes a regular WordPress blogsite and turns it into a full fledged membership system. Tres cool!
What makes it so great? Let me share a few of my favorite things…
- As per any great membership system, it allows you to setup separate login accounts for each member vs. doing the ‘one login for all’. So you can give/remove access for people as they come and go in your membership. REALLY important.
- It connects to the 1ShoppingCart system – so people can automatically get access to your membership site when they join the membership vs. having to load them manually. And it will also remove access for people who fall behind on payments.
- You can email members direct from this system – which I love! It’s super quick and easy to send messages to members vs. sending through the cart (which can be slow at times).
- You can have more than one level of membership setup in the same WordPress blog. So people will get access only to the stuff that applies to them, and not those areas that they aren’t a member of. This really opens up some pretty cool opps for expanding membership offerings!
- It’s really easy to add a nice ‘login’ box in the sidebar of the blog. Makes the site looks so professional and is of course easy for folks to know how to login to the site (which can be surprisingly hard to find on some sites.)
Want to see a sample of Wishlist Member in action? We recently implemented Wishlist for the Thomas Leonard Success Strategies program – click here to check it out. Unless you are a member you won’t be able to access the material of course, but you can see the overall flow/layout of this membership site.
There are many other cool features in this system beyond my favs, go to the Wishlist Member site to learn more.
Want to learn how to use Wishlist? Or get someone on your team up to speed?
We are offering a brand new course for VAs and online support professionals on how to manage memberships using Wishlist Member. Be sure to check it out – early bird registration is in effect until May 29th ($100 savings).