I’m sorting through your responses to my social media survey of last week and just want to make sure that your burning social media question is on the list so we can answer it in my free video series starting next week.
Here’s a list of questions so far (you guys are asking some great stuff!)… if you don’t see your question here let me know k? Just pop it into the comments or send me an email if you prefer. We want to cover as much as we possibly can for you in this video series.
- Is Social Media really for everyone / every target group?
- Social Media Marketing Mix: What are the must-do Social Media activities for an VPA/OBM? (platforms, blogs, etc.) Is there certain tools, everyone should use?
- For us, content is the key! When starting a blog, what content to I share with followers / clients that are personal but yet professional and of interest.
- How to start Social Media activities to attract interest? Integrated within the company’s website or external?
- Is this really of interest for my business contacts or just a nice to have / must-do?
- I think for me it is probably being consistent! Finding the time and the inclination to post regularly is something that I tend to struggle with. It is very easy to do everything for our clients, but then end up somewhat neglecting those tasks that we should be doing for ourselves.
- How do you use social media to get a potential customer to become a paying customer?
- When I first started my business, I signed for anything that was free to get my name out there! I didn’t have alot of money, but did have alot of time. Now my business is doing quite well and therefore the I spend on social networking sites is valuable but limited. How do you decide which ones to drop and which ones to keep?
- In the social networking arena, what is necessary for a client to do/have and what can the client skip because it is really not worthwhile?
- How can you get an intern to do your social media and how do you train them?
- I don’t know the different between a wall and a page and which is best and why (and which one other people can post on and which one they can’t)
- How to monetize the people once I have them as friends.
- How to stop people from ‘advertising’ on your wall or page
- How do you measure the effectiveness using social media as a marketing strategy? What social media outlets get the best results (if results can be measured)?
- I mull over the balance between business and personal postings. I don’t care to post that I’m going to pizza tonight, but I don’t want to come across as too “salesy.”
- What are the best ways to use LinkedIn, aside from posting a profile and adding people to my network, how is LinkedIn best leveraged?
- How can a business owner be plugged into all the major social media outlets and not spend hours everyday posting, reading, answering, commenting? Effective use of social media seems very time consuming.
- We have two challenges: 1:There is a fear that the social media will be inviting a barage of negative comments, which will 2: create a need for a dedicated person to monitor the social media site(s). My own organisation is holding back on starting a Facebook account, blog or tweet for these reasons. They have just about allowed LinkedIn.
- Engagement is hard for my clients to grasp, we’ve put schedules together for clients that they can follow on a weekly basis, and we’ve coached them through engagement. I share with them the success that other clients have had when they engage – that seems to help, but two weeks later – crickets.
- I understand that the point is to connect with others, but I feel that if I don’t spend a lot of time online, that I’m not really connecting. With that said, then I don’t seem to spend much time anymore because I don’t want it to seem that I’m not genuine or just using social media to further my business. How can we find a balance between too much time and not enough time?
- Converting a following to a mailing list and converting them into sales
- Often after I follow someone on Twitter, I receive a message from them thanking me for the follow. Is it necessary to do that to everyone who follows you or just a courtesy?
- I know squat, so what is the best way to get started? I do have a LinkedIn account but it would be nice to have an online class along with knowing what is the best social media for business.
- Is there one program you recommend the most to do all the social media work. Linking, profiling, changes, uploading etc.
Woo hoo! I’m looking forward to diving into these videos with you next week… first video will be posted on Monday, June 6th.