So what is the *key* to successful traffic?
Know Your Niche!
Definition of niche: A group of people with common issues or interests, that ‘hang out’ together
So there are actually 2 simple steps to driving traffic:
1. If you know your niche, you know where to they are ‘hanging out’ together
2. And if you know where they are ‘hanging out’, you need to find various ways to get in front of them or have them find you.
Simple? Yes… but it certainly does require some effort on your part. And a willingness to decide to focus on a niche and give it a try.
As an example, say that you want to work with owners of flower shops…
Where do flower shop owners ‘hang out’ together? Well, first of all they have a listing in the yellow pages. I’m sure there are some flower shop associations that you could plug into. What about others who provide services to flower shop owners, such as wholesalers?
A Few Suggestions of Ways to Drive Traffic
– google adwords/pay per click
– search engine optimization
– link exchanges
– promo in your email signature
– online article directories
– online ezine directories
– discussion lists
– set up a public blog
– start a yahoo group
– tell-a-friend modules
– affiliate programs
– joint ventures, sharing lists
– social networking, such as Ryze
– local networking groups
– speaking engagements
– writing articles for print newsletters
– write a book
– direct mail
– phone campaigns
Have more to ad to the list? Post them below…