As I was thinking about my to do list today I was really moved by how much I love what I do. Granted I am not the typical OBM as I do as much sales, coaching and technical implementation as I do operations at this point in my business journey. BUT even still I know at the core, everything I do is about BEING the OBM. Even if some of the tasks look like the VA or look like the Coach 🙂
So I wanted to share what I love about being an Online Business Manager:
1. I LOVE to help small business owners get the structure and automation in their businesses that allow them to focus on what they love and serve the community they are called to serve. There is a sense of knowing that I am making a difference in someones life everyday that means something very deep and personal for me. It’s more than just simply getting things done, or fulfilling a role, its the opportunity to make a difference. Sure that person receiving the email doesn’t ‘know’ that I sent it or that I am the one who set up the optin page to ensure they could get the information they need to change their life. But I do.. I know the life changing information they are receiving is coming to them because I was here doing my part. I love it 🙂
2. I LOVE the experiences working with high performing, brilliant and powerful business owners has provided me. On a personal note I have grown into an entirely different person having these influences in my life. I have grown up, I have grown confident and I have grown in wisdom. I have grown my income, my expectations and my resources to live in abundance. The experiences I have had to travel all over the US/Canada to attend and speak at events, these are life long memories that where both a blast and part of what molded me into who I am today.
3. I LOVE that I get to serve a community everyday that I am passionate about. A community I believe in, with people I am in awe of, everyday. Online business managers and the implementation community are brilliant… they are smart, dedicated and hard working. The character and integrity of those in our community is by far the highest of any community I have connected with yet online. At the core this industry is made up of people who have a true desire to serve. This is a beautiful and privileged journey I get to walk out with so many who entrust their future and their education to us. I do not take it lightly or take it for granted. Instead I stand in awe of the fact that I get to play a part in the lives of so many that I admire everyday.
4. I LOVE that I can do what I want 🙂 This is a great feeling, the ability to simply do what I want. If I want to take the day off… I can (although i don’t because it’s not really who I am, I like to work.) If I want to take a trip, I can. If I want to make more money, I can. If I want to work less hours, I can. If I want to only work with businesses I am hugely passionate about, I can. If I want to quit working with a client that doesn’t fit my ideal, I can. I simply can do whatever I want. This is a powerful understanding if you grab hold of it. How many people can simply say… they can do what they want. But because of the business I have and the way I have it set up. I simply can… and most the time I do 🙂
5. I LOVE working with my teams. I love empowering people to step into the best version of themselves. I love the opportunity to know that I am making a difference in their lives. That they will be satisfied and feel fulfilled by working with our teams. I love to see the potential in someone and figure out what makes them tick so that I can help bring that potential to the top of their lives. I love to see them believe it for themselves.
6. I LOVE a well thought out launch that gets results! OH SERIOUSLY!! I LOVE THIS… to see all the automation, branding, copy and hard work morph into a true value service to those who need it… I LOVE THIS! It’s powerful, it changes lives, it creates abundance for everyone, it is a beautiful thing 🙂
7. I LOVE that my clients know they can count on me. That myself or my team is here for them. That they are not alone in this very big and sometimes scary vision they see for themselves.
I am going to stop at the number 7 because that is the number of completion. And because I know the work I do is part of what completes me as a person…
Would love to hear why you love doing what you do.. feel free to share 🙂