(an excerpt from Chapter 5 in Becoming an OBM)
You’ve planned out the project and all the requirements, now it’s time to start organizing all the pieces. In the online business world this generally means that you will be hiring contractors to complete various parts of the project.In our sales page example, you may need:
- A copywriter to create the words
- A graphic designer to create a header and/or 3D graphic of the book
- A web designer or techie VA to actually create the page
- A VA to set up the Buy button and link it to the shopping cart
- A VA to coordinate collection of testimonials and bonus items.
Of course there may be certain elements that you are going to do yourself, as well.
You will also want to have a timeline for when you need each element completed, so you can coordinate with vendors on when you need their piece completed. For example, you will need the copywriter and designer to be finished before the web designer can create the page. Check The OBM Toolbox at the back of this book for a list of online project management tools that you can use to map out your process and track everything.